In celebration of inspirational women around the world... bound by our joy and our laughter, heartache and tears. Join us on our journey of Motherhood: one which will be exciting, surprising and devastating, all at the same time...

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Warm fuzzies...

For Becky: who has started an amazing new bakery adventure!
We had an amazing breakfast this morning and I feel renewed. Kim, our school girl had to run in and out before heading off to Milwaukee, so she was missed. If I were not so in love with Cheesy potatoes, I might feel obligated to drop her off a container of left overs, but I am greedy when it comes to this particular dish! Jenny had to leave for work by ten, but for a glorious hour and a half we got to sit and eat and laugh and cry and be girlfriends, not Moms... not wives... just girls gorging on carbs and bacon, pastries and sweet fruits. For an hour and a half I forgot the isolation that I sometimes feel and felt the glee of warm fuzzies... like a soda that you shake before you open, gushing out the sweetness that cannot be contained! This is the feeling I get when I'm with my girls... uncontrollable joy and happiness!
         I got all the girls to sign our POK cards so that we could start our project once and for all. The package for Julie will be going out on Monday when it's complete and ready for shipping. So today I kicked it off by hand delivering a bag to Becky, the gal who initially posted the Invisible Mother that I read that started me on this mission.
         Of course, I had not really thought out what I would say to her when I delivered this surprise. So I found myself awkwardly saying, "Just take this... it will all make sense when you open it!" pushing the gift bag through the half opened screen door when she arrived at the door with her toddler son and dog in tow. "Wow... thanks!" she smiled with a half giggle, a look of surprise and confusion on her face. My first mission complete! I walked back to my car... her sweet little son standing in the doorway as I drove away. My day is complete! We made a difference in someone's day... I can feel it!
    

1 comment: