In celebration of inspirational women around the world... bound by our joy and our laughter, heartache and tears. Join us on our journey of Motherhood: one which will be exciting, surprising and devastating, all at the same time...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Is that the Easter Bunny Coming to Town? Or is it just Miss Natalie?

Today I must share the sweetest story ever. On Tuesday I had the opportunity to have lunch with Ali and Natalie. At the end of our get together, Natalie gave us both ziplock bags filled with Easter Goody Bags for the kids. Sidenote of importance: Natalie is our Gift Bag Queen, always a little something special for the kids at every Holiday. I for one, know that my kids always love these goodies and unfortunately have become a little accustomed and greedy about receiving them.
     Anyway, later that day I see this post on Facebook  from Alison and had to share:


"Upon entering the house the kids noticed the easter treat bags Nat made up. Jack~oh my goodness the Easter bunny was here! Me~no Miss Natalie made them. Jack~(sharp inhale of air) Miss Natalie is the Easter bunny...VAUGHN VAUGHN Miss Natalie is the Easter bunny!! Vaughn & Jack~ (screaming with excitement) Bella Miss Natalie is the Easter bunny. (i didnt do anything to stop this insanity so now my kids have expectations of Natalie :)"


I found myself giggling, a big smile on my face as I visualized my little "Sauer Patch Kids" as I dubbed them years ago dancing around their kitchen with glee! Oh the joy from this little act of kindness from our sweet treat gal! How magical and special the day was for many kids that day in our little city as they opened up pastel decorated celephane bags of chocolates and little candy surprises! Today when I doled out the surprise to my kids, I retold the story and we all howled at the sweet tale and how exciting this had been for little Jack and his siblings! My eldest, laughed as if she couldn't believe how silly a thought, but the next moment started pilaging through her bag to discover what was hidden inside. So much for the cool tween (though she did have the thought to thank Nat via facebook), she was once again transformed to an excited schoolgirl ooohing and ahhing over her loot!
So thank you Miss Natalie... for reminding me through your thoughfulness of the joy of the unexpected, the magic of innocence and the mystery of the infamous Easter Bunny!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment